Information for sponsors
The International Sponsored Student Unit (ISSU) provides the following services (at no extra charge) for sponsors and sponsored students:
- Individual case management. Students and sponsors will have access to a delegated sponsored student officer regarding any issues that arise during their studies. Sponsored student officers can liaise between the student, sponsor and Curtin.
- identification of ‘students at risk’
- end of semester academic reports
- annual research progress reports
- pastoral support for the families of sponsored students, including assistance in obtaining schooling for school aged dependants
- social events including an informal sponsored student graduation.
For tuition fee matters relating to currently enrolled students at Curtin, please email the Fees Centre at: firstname.lastname@example.org
New students applying to Curtin:
It will be necessary for sponsored students and their sponsor organisations to be identified at either the application and/or acceptance stage of admission to Curtin. In order to do this, it is important that essential university sponsor forms are completed and returned during the application or acceptance process:
- Sponsored student information form must be completed for each student by the sponsor. This form also contains important information about visas, invoicing arrangements for tuition, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), living expenses and other essential information.
- Sponsored student disclosure of information form must be completed by each student.
- Sponsorship agreement must be completed by new sponsors when they send their first student to Curtin. Only one agreement is required between the sponsor and Curtin and is valid for five years from the date it is signed unless a shorter period of validity is otherwise mutually agreed by both parties in writing. If the sponsoring body does not return the Sponsorship Agreement to Curtin International, the student will be liable for payment of their own tuition fees.