LPDP – Indonesia endowment fund for education
These scholarships are for postgraduate programs in a range of disciplines.
Curtin is a member of the Australian Technology Network (ATN). The ATN is a consortium comprised of five major Australian universities that focus on research and innovation, and with genuine linkages to industry throughout teaching and research.
LPDP and Curtin Agreement of Co-operation
Curtin University recently signed an Agreement of Co-operation with LPDP. The cooperation will enable more LPDP scholarship awardees to undertake postgraduate studies, especially doctoral degrees, in universities affiliated to the ATN.
Benefits available to all LPDP students who choose to study at Curtin
- Free pre-sessional Language training support (conditions apply)
- Tuition fee discount
- Free access to the Curtin Leaders Program
- Free access to the NEXT STEP mentoring program – transition into graduate employment
- Free customised leadership development training program during your studies at Curtin
- Internship opportunities
- Free online ATN (eGSA) modules – a virtual graduate school operating from Australia for the global research community
- Funding for consumables and fieldwork – maximum AUD $2,000 per annum
- Funding to attend a national or international conference – maximum AUD $2,000 per annum
- Participation in Inspire – an event hosted by state universities providing expert research training & professional development
Pre-sessional language training
There are two options available to LPDP students whereby Curtin contributes towards further English training:
Option One – English Language Bridging at Curtin University in Perth
Students have the option of completing the 10 week English Language Bridging (ELB) program at the Curtin Bentley campus in Australia, provided they have the required IELTS score to meet ELB entry. Curtin will fund the tuition fee cost of ELB (10 weeks only) – however students will need to provide evidence of funding capacity to cover living expenses for the ELB duration. At the completion of the ELB course, students must meet the required ELB score to gain entry into their mainstream course. If you have queries about this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Option Two – Pre-sessional language training in Indonesia
Curtin will cover the tuition fee cost of English language training in Indonesia provided the following conditions are met:
- Meet the English language requirement for the LPDP scholarship
- Receive an Offer Letter from Curtin with English conditions (which means you have not met the English entry requirement for the Curtin course)
- English training must take place at one of the recommended institutions listed below
- At the conclusion of the language training you must meet the Curtin English entry requirement
- You must pay the language training fee upfront
- You will be reimbursed upon enrolment in the Curtin course (the reimbursement process is listed further below).
Curtin will then bear the cost of providing pre-sessional language training in Indonesia up to a maximum of 500 hours, and the cost of one IELTS test (taken at the conclusion of the eligible English training). Total funding provided will not exceed $3500 per student. If you have queries about this option, please email: email@example.com.
List of recommended English training institutions in Indonesia
1. IALF Jakarta (also in Surabaya and Bali)
Plaza Kuningan, Meara Selatan, 3rd floor
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav C 11-14
Telephone: (021) 521 3350
Fax: (021) 521 3349
2. AIM for English
PT Aim for English
Jl. Padang 5C, Manggarai
Jakarta Selatan 12580, Indonesia
Telephone: (021) 83785238
World Trade Center 1
10th floor Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav 29-31 Jakarta 12920 Indonesia
Telephone: 021 521 1588
0817 933 8722 (EDUPAC)
4. English First (EF)
EF English First Jakarta Kalimalang
Jl. Raya Kalimalang Block N no. 12B East Jakarta 13440 Indonesia
Telephone: +62 21 8608888
5. UMN Language Centre
Universitas Multimedia Nusantara
Jl. Scientia Boulevard, Gading Serpong, Tangerang, Banten 15811 Indonesia
Telephone: +62 21 5422 0808
Fax: +62 21 5422 0800
UTS: Insearch Gramedia
Grand Wijaya Center Blok F 83-84 A & B
Jl. Wijaya II Kebayoran Baru – Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
Telephone: +6221 29501009
WhatsApp: +62 812 9650 0406
1. Contact the above email address to find out the various UTS:INSEARCH locations in Indonesia
2. If you are an Indonesian Government Scholarship student, contact the above email address for UTS:INSEARCH – as you may be eligible for an English tuition discount if you intend to come to Curtin University.
3. Successful completion of the UTS:INSEARCH AE5 program is equivalent to an IELTS 6.5. Therefore if your Curtin University Letter of Offer entry requirement for English is IELTS 6.5, you will not need to sit an IELTS test on completion of the AE5 program.
4. Successful completion of the UTS:INSEARCH AE6 program is equivalent to an IELTS 7.0 (with no band less than 7.0). Therefore if your Curtin University Letter of Offer entry requirement for English is IELTS 7.0 (with no band less than 7.0), you will not need to sit an IELTS test on completion of the AE6 program.
7. Interactive English language Centre (IELC)
Jl. Muh. Yamin no.83, Kawatan
Telephone: (+62 271) 634746, 638340
Note: individual requests for approval to attend an English provider NOT on the above list, may still be eligible for the free training support, but need to be assessed on a case by case basis. For approval consideration, please contact: Jane Grono, email: J.Grono@email.curtin.edu.au.
How to seek reimbursement for pre-sessional language training once enrolled at Curtin
If you have met all the above listed conditions, once you are enrolled at Curtin, you must bring your receipts for reimbursement to the International Sponsored Student Unit (ISSU) located at Building 102 at the Bentley Campus. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other Curtin University information: