close up of an australian visa

Student visas

Most overseas students who would like to study onshore in Australia will need to obtain a student visa.

Find out more

image of suitcases and an aeroplane in the background

What to bring

Moving to a new country can be both exciting and daunting. Get tips and advice that will help you decide what to pack so you have the things you need to get settled in Perth.

See packing advice

young woman looking up health insurance on her laptop

Health insurance

OSHC is a specific type of health insurance that international students must have before arriving in Australia. It includes insurance cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines).

Find out more

young family waiting at the airport with luggage

Bringing your family

Most student visas allow you to bring your partner and children to Australia for the duration of your course.

Read more

close up of paper money and coins

Planning your budget

Planning your budget and finances is an important element of making the most of your time in Perth.

Get budget advice

young woman working in a cafe

Part-time work

Your student visa allows you to work up to 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours during semester breaks, so you can work while you study in Australia.

Find out more

Hear what our students have to say about preparing to arrive in Perth.

a group of student on Curtin's Perth campus

Curtin Perth campus

Curtin's Perth campus have a range of on-campus support services, accommodation options, study support facilities, childcare facilities, food outlets and parking options.

Find out more
an image of students under the pine during orientation week

The Curtin Experience

From clubs and societies to leadership development, find out about the opportunities available to you as a Curtin student

Experience curtin