On-campus student accommodation ranges from AUD$168-$221 per week, including utilities, internet and social program. There are also some options for couples. Alternatively, you may choose to live off campus in Perth and rent a room in a shared house, rent a property yourself or board with a local family.

Due to high demand, we recommend you apply for student housing as soon as you apply to study at Curtin.

Perth is one of the world’s most pleasant cities. Whether you live on or off campus, you will enjoy its cosmopolitan lifestyle, relaxing vibe and stunning natural beauty.

Hear what our students have to say about accommodation in Perth

On-campus accommodation

At Curtin, the sense of camaraderie among international students is apparent and the shared experience of living and learning abroad can create strong friendships. You will enjoy meeting and interacting with people from all over the world and have the convenience of supermarkets, shops, restaurants, cafés and a post office all within walking distance.

A photo of some of the on-campus accommodation options
On-campus accommodation options available to students

On-campus accommodation is self-catered and fully furnished, and available at the Perth Campus, the Kalgoorlie Campus and at our Malaysian Campus in Miri, Sarawak. It generally comprises:

  • single study-bedrooms with shared facilities such as kitchens and bathrooms
  • 6-8 students per unit
  • couples options
  • fees between AUD$168-$221 per week, including utilities, internet and social program.

Curtin provides 24-hour security seven days a week so you will live in a safe and friendly multicultural environment. We encourage you to get to know the staff who work at the residence and join in the many organised social activities.

Early application is essential because on-campus accommodation is in high demand. However, we do give priority to students who are new to the area.

How to apply for on-campus accommodation

Before you apply:

You can find additional information about student housing, including photographs and videos on the Curtin Housing website.

Off-campus accommodation

There are alternatives if you are unable to secure on-campus housing or prefer the independence and privacy of living off campus.

“I share an apartment with six postgraduate students. We are from different cultures, different countries, three girls and three boys and we have really bonded. It is an amazing experience. There are always friendly people around and it is close to the university. I like it very much.”

Silvia Torres, Master of Project Management

How we can help

Curtin Housing Advisory Service can help you by:

  • providing a list of available off-campus accommodation
  • driving you to view off-campus accommodation (conditions apply to interstate, international and country students)
  • meeting you at your short-term accommodation the day after you arrive to help you secure long-term accommodation
  • giving advice on tenancy legislation and other housing issues.

Shared housing

A photo of students in shared accommodation

Renting a room in a shared house is a popular option.

Curtin Housing Register keeps a register of people in established households who are looking to share with others.

Rental properties

Whether you prefer a 3-bedroom house a short walk from campus or a studio apartment midway between Curtin and the city, there is a range of rental options in the suburbs surrounding the Perth Campus. Rental prices vary depending on the type of accommodation and location.

Weekly rental fees do not usually include utility costs. You may need to pay at least two weeks’ rent in advance and the equivalent of four weeks’ rent as a bond (security deposit).

Rental properties in Perth are usually unfurnished, which means they don’t contain furniture, home wares or appliances other than a stove, and you’ll need to bring or buy your own household things.

However, some student rentals near the Perth Campus have bedroom, dining and lounge furniture.

You can search for rental properties on the internet. Websites like, or are good places to start.

Curtin Housing Register keeps a register of people in established households who are looking to share with others.


Homestay or full-board is an arrangement where you live with a local family in their own home. Meals are included. Prices vary based on quality and location of the house as well as the services offered with it.

“There are many different ways you can live here. You can live in a homestay - basically you share with a family, you can learn the language, which is very important but you can also easily find friends who want to rent an apartment with you and share basic expenses. I don’t see any issues in finding accommodation, decent accommodation, the houses are all in a good state.”

Laura Machuca Suarez, Research Fellow Corrosion Engineering

Short-term accommodation

If you need a temporary place to stay while you settle in Perth or wish to bring your parents over for your graduation, there are a number of short-term housing options such as serviced apartments and hotels to suit your needs.

You have to contact the accommodation provider directly as the Curtin Housing Advisory Service cannot book short-term accommodation for you or your guests. Always ask if there is a discount for university visitors.

Listing prices and conditions are correct as supplied to us. Please note that Curtin University does not receive any commission for rooms booked and no listing should be regarded as a recommendation.