Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Curtin English designs and runs TESOL training courses for groups of teachers.
There is an increasing demand for primary, secondary and tertiary teachers with up-to-date qualifications and improved skills in teaching English. Courses combine specialised English language development, English language teaching methodology and teaching practice. This enables you to improve your own English language skills, as well as developing your English language teaching skills.
Courses can be run in Australia, in your own country, or a combination of both. All courses are designed according to the needs of the group and can be of any length.
Some of Curtin’s previous clients include:
- Putuo District, Shanghai City, China; English Teacher Training Program
- English Language Support for Indonesian Teachers of Maths and Science
- China University of Mining and Technology; Teacher Training Program
- Learning Assistance Program for Islamic Schools (LAPIS)
- Burapha University, Thailand; Study Visit
- Hong Kong Ministry of Education; Teacher Training Program
- Silpakorn University, Thailand; Study Visit
Duration: Any length
Location: Courses can be run in Australia, in your own country, or both
Intake: Any time of year
Who we teach
Our students come from a range of backgrounds and nationalities. We teach professionals and university students from across the globe, including Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, China, the Pacific and the Middle East.
What our students say
Curtin English has successfully delivered three Teacher Training and English Language Development programs for the Education University of Hong Kong.
Final student evaluations have been very positive:
- 26 out of 27 students agreed or strongly agreed that they enjoyed their immersion experience at Curtin (2012)
- 14 out of 15 students agreed or strongly agreed that they would recommend other students to come to Curtin (2012).