Alternative entry pathways
There are a number of different ways to gain entry into a Curtin course. If you don’t meet our minimum entry requirements, consider taking a study program with Curtin English or Curtin College to obtain the prerequisites you need.
Curtin English delivers quality English language courses to enable you to learn English and gain the proficiency you need for entry to Curtin University, Curtin College or other Australian educational institutions.
Located at our main campus in Perth, Curtin English offers the following accredited English language (ELICOS) programs:
- General English (GE)
- English Language Bridging (ELB)
- IELTS Preparation courses
- Customised student study tours
- Customised teacher training programs
Curtin English students have access to the excellent campus facilities and support services available to Curtin University students.
Free English Language Bridging Program
If you don’t meet our English language requirements, you may be eligible for our free, 10-week English Language Bridging Program.
The program is available to all international students who have received an offer to study at Curtin in Perth, who need to improve their English proficiency before beginning their studies. Passing the course satisfies Curtin University’s English language requirement.
At Curtin College, you can choose from a range of courses from pre-university to diploma programs in subject areas including commerce, information technology, built environment, arts and creative industries, engineering, health sciences and social sciences.
Based at our main campus, Curtin College offers programs that lead directly to the second year of a Curtin bachelor degree.
Curtin College presents an excellent alternative pathway to university study with many benefits including:
- convenient location on Curtin’s main campus, preparing you for university life
- fast-track options and three intakes per year
- university degree transfer programs providing a smooth transfer into the second year of your chosen bachelor degree at Curtin University
- small class sizes and extra support
- cultural diversity with 1,200 students from 40 countries.