Before you start your course, you will be welcomed to Curtin at Orientation Week (O-Week). O-Week is mandatory for international students and you must arrange to arrive in Perth in time to attend.
At O-Week, you will be presented with a busy, fun-filled weeklong timetable of activities and information sessions that prepare you for your studies and allow you to familiarise yourself with the Perth Campus. There are social opportunities to meet other new students and have fun together, and you’ll receive useful information about visa conditions, overseas student health cover, enrolment and on-campus services.
The O-Week dates and your enrolment briefing times will be included with your Letter of Offer.
Hear what our students have to say about Orientation Week.
What to expect
During Orientation Week, you will:
- find your way around campus and locate lecture theatres, classrooms, labs and workshops relevant to your course
- attend an enrolment briefing and get information on your study plan
- enrol in your selected course units
- organise your administrative details including getting your student ID card and paying your fees
- organise parking and other transport options
- learn about the support services at Curtin and how they can help you
- join social, sporting and recreational clubs
- meet other new students, key teaching staff and support services staff
- meet your allocated mentor, who will help you with your questions during your first semester.
Preparing for O-Week
- Download your Orientation Personalised Planner (login to Student Oasis)
- Open the Curtin A-Z Guide flipbook for more information about Curtin.
- Connect with our New to Curtin Facebook page to keep up-to-date with fun activities and events for people who are new to Curtin.
Once you have completed the acceptance process for your offer with Curtin University, we strongly encourage you to undertake the following steps prior to departing from your home country.
1) Activate your Oasis account. OASIS is Curtin University’s portal for staff and students. It is a “one-stop-shop” for delivering eServices and is available 24/7 from anywhere in the world. Once you have logged in to OASIS using your Curtin ID and password, you will have access to a whole range of different services without the need to log in again to each one.
2) Access EnrolNow through your Oasis account to enrol in your units and register for your classes prior to coming onshore.
If you have any difficulty activating your Oasis account or enrolling in your units and registering in classes please contact Curtin International on:
Phone: + 61 8 9266 7331